Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Early Christmas Suprise!

To start out, I just wanted again to thank the two people involved in getting this to me. I appreciate this SO much, you have no idea how much you've helped me out here! Hope you have a Merry Christmas out in BC, I know everyone will be thinking of you here in Ontario.

Okay, so the other day I was completely surprised by a rather large package that was brought over to my house. I was told it was an early Christmas present (of sorts), which had me really excited, especially once I saw what it was! I've needed a bigger makeup case for a WHILE now. I had a smaller one, but not everything fit, and it was kind of a hassle to use, especially because in order to find things I had to take everything out (not fun in the mornings). This one is great though, it's about ten inches wide, sixteen inches long, and fourteen inches tall. I love the fact that it's all metal and won't fall apart like other faux leather cases I have. Also, I can slam it against pretty much anything (unintentionally) and it will hold up. I'm not too sure of the brand, which is unfortunate because I'd really like the recommend it to you guys, but it's lovely (especially since I'm fairly certain this would set me back at least $120 if I bought it new).




And here we have it filled with the majority of my stuff xD
 Then, as I said, I was completely floored by the case, but apparently that wasn't enough because when I opened it, I found about six different shades of this really nice foundation by a brand called "Satin Finish" (really excited to try this out on myself, and others), as well as a Bobbi Brown foundation bottle in '#3 Beige' (Which is a lot darker than my skin tone, but the product is so lush that I'm going to keep it to use on people when I do their makeup). Also, there were a ton of liner pencils, and a couple pallets, as well as a pot of Napoleon Perdis's 'Sparkle Dust #39' which is a really sweet purple colour.
My favourites of the lot though were oddly enough colours I don't really ever wear at all. I loved the mini pallet by Color Design called 'Seasonal Effects' which includes the colours:
  • 'Daylight' (cream colour in the top left corner) Though instead of a shadow, I'd use this more as a highlighter or even to set concealer. As you can see in the picture, it completely blends into my skin tone.
  • 'Positive' (the white colour beside 'Daylight', in the top right corner) Could be used for a lot of things, it isn't the most pigmented white ever.
  • 'Impress' (the metallic dark green in the bottom left corner) I'd like this in combination with probably some darker neutrals in a smokey look.
  • 'Strut' (metallic darker bronze, bottom right corner) Not exactly a colour for me, but I know a ton of people this would look amazing on.
Next up were two MAC liners called 'Lichen' which is almost like a forest green mixed with a Coal colour. I like it, again for a green smokey eye, or maybe even if you just get bored with black or brown liner. Also, if you have eyes that change colour, this will help to bring that out without being too distracting. This is the bottom liner as shown on my hand. The second one was called 'Forever Green' which is like a mossy green with gold flecks. It is not in my colour pallet at all, but I LOVE it. Really, it's such a pretty colour, makes me wish I could pull it off! Unfortunately the majority of things I received were more intended for a spring or autumn (warmer skin tones), not a summer or winter (cooler skin tones, like myself).

No comments: