Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just an Update - My epidermist is showing D:

Updates
1. So today I have some disappointing news, I may not be able to get the three new tutorials i promised up in the next week (don't hurt me!). See I have a some moderate acne scarring that I've wanted to get taken care of for quite a while. Last week I found a place that was having a 'sale' on microdermabraison (mostly them trying to pick up new clientele for the upcoming season. In other words, it's NOT a sketch just-opened-no-one's-heard-of-us-we-might-not-be-licenced place), I called and they booked me sooner than I had originally planned.
Getting to my point: I'm not supposed to put anything on my face except for possibly a light powder until the redness goes away, ergo no facial makeup tutorial (sadface). On the brighter side though, I'll be able to take you through the process and let you first hand what it's like if anyone is thinking about having it done (as well, I'll plug the place I went to, they're offering some REALLY great deals until November 31st).

2. I'm looking to get a smoother format going, just to keep things easier for you guys to follow. I'm thinking of trying to get two blogs up per week (we'll see how that goes as far as schooling and possibly work?), Eight or so a month. Generally one should be a tutorial/ review/ tips & tricks, and the other will be more random. I'm going to try to space them out though, not get two tutorials in one week (unless requested). Also, again if there is anything you want to know about (anything at all, really!) just leave me a little comment under any of my blogs and I can either go into more detail or even do a specific blog with a full explanation/ answer.

Microdermabraison!
Generally (for those who don't know what it is) this process is used to reduce/ eliminate surface imperfections on your skin such as:
  • redness
  • minor wrinkles (recently appearing, not deep set)
  • acne scaring or scaring in general
  • brown spots from the sun (NOT moles/ 'beauty marks')
  • broken capillaries (noticeable tiny veins)
  • uneven skin tone
  • large pores & blackheads
This is done through a three step process (Felt like more than three, but oh well) that involves light exfoliation, correcting of target areas, and finally a facial buff and refine with tiny crystals (the also include a complimentary mask to dredge out your pores, and ease your skin after the treatment).
Overall I would say the process was nice and relaxing, I'd heard that it can be really painful which initially scared me off, but I can honestly say the process didn't hurt in the slightest (except maybe the makeup remover and cleanser she used on my eyes, it stung a little).

Things I liked about it..It was nice having so much care and attention paid to my skin by someone else. Sandra (my consultant) really did seem knowledgeable about what she was doing, and constantly asked if there were any questions I had while informing me of what she was doing and putting on my skin. I also found it was a nice environment to have the treatment done, I really do value a person who can focus on the task at hand, while taking an interest in my life and actively engaging in conversation to make time pass faster (what can I say, I love to talk). Another plus was that even though I was already getting my treatment for half price (originally $125, I paid $62.50), Caryl Baker Visage offers a plan for multiple procedures at a reduced price with other bonuses included (for details scroll down to the 'overall' section:3).

Things I could have done without..
I felt the staff was a wee bit pushy in trying to sell me other products and services. Seriously, after I say "no thanks" at least twice, you'd think they'd understand I don't want it (well really just cannot afford it).
Also, even though my hair was wrapped up and covered with a cap, I still was finding the micro crystals they use to buff your face in my hair and ears later (felt like sand), which was a little annoying. I also wish I'd been informed upfront that typically you won't seen any real results with only one appointment (though that would be common sense).

Overall..
I felt this procedure was a good step in the right direction for my skin and i actually WOULD recommend it (at the discounted price anyway).
Where: Caryl Baker Visage (Bramalea City Center Location in Brampton Ontario, Canada).
The deal: From now until December 30th, 3step microdermabraison for $62.50 (plus taxes, regularly $125 plus taxes per treatment) OR 5 3-step treatments for $300 (plus taxes) with the availability to pay in installments (which I took). In addition, if you purchase the package deal (prion to December 30th) you also receive 25% off of all Caryl Baker products, which isn't too bad. I plan to buy some of their 'acne solution' which I will also be reviewing on here.
Site: Caryl Baker Visage

No comments: