Thursday, October 14, 2010

I love Kat Marcus!

So today i had the opportunity to sit and contemplate exactly what i was going to include in my first post, as well as how to phrase things, if i should try and convey a message or not, etc. And despite the hour and a half i had while getting my hair done, as well as the hour of transit to get to Toronto, and then the four hours i had driving around the city doing errands with my sister and brother-in-law i really didn't come up with much more than obvious and cliché ideas.

Thus instead of boring you with obvious statements about nothing, i want to take some time to do some good for some important people i know.
For the past five years now i've had this obsession with having blonde hair- oops, not blonde, i mean WHITE (let the record show that my natural hair colour is medium to dark brown!!!). A goal that i was finally able to achieve about four years ago. Now being relatively new to the world of bleaching, i knew absolutely nothing about what i was doing (surprise!) and just figured a box of bleach would be sufficient, and that i could just leave the peroxide on my hair for as long as it needed to get my desired colour.
Years of breakage, dryness, damage, and parts of my split brittle ends flying into the air every time i moved my head later, i realized that if i ever wanted to achieve the new goal i'd set for myself of having long bleached, bright hair i'd have to make some changes. So June of 2010 i decided to go from almost white to almost black in an attempt to let my hair grown and improve in health. The only problem was i hated the colour so much, it made me feel boring and stern, and plain really (I don't know why, it's my own personal stigma. I'm not saying i don't like brown hair, i just feel blonde suits me better).
After BEGGING my mother to let me dye my hair blonde again this past weekend i grabbed the same white blonde bleach i always use and applied it.
Forward one hour, my hair was neon orange and yellow (and i know what you're thinking, i'm exaggerating, but no. It was so brightly coloured, it looked like a bad dye job of the girl from paramore!), which i pretended to love just to avoid the "i told you so," that i knew was coming right up. Truth was i knew not to do it and i still did, so it was completely my fault in the end, the bleach took out all of the shine i had in my hair, killed the last inch or so of length i'd achieved, and left big chunks of colour in places it shouldn't have been.

Anyway, today i went to the Saloon Salon (Formerly GLAM Salon) to go see one person i will trust with my hair, Kat Marcus. Even though the Saloon has a "by appointment only" policy, i was still seen as a drop in. On top of that, Kat worked for an hour and a half on my hair to bleach, deep condition, tone, re-deep condition, tone again, wash, colour, and finally to cut and style my hair just to correct my stupid mistake. She also gave her usual recommendations on products to use, products to avoid, and where to get them at the cheapest prices.

The Saloon Salon is by far the most impressive place you could go for your hair. If you're looking for:
  • A friendly environment where you will be remembered by name and be treated like a superstar
  • High quality and personalized cuts and colour at an affordable price
  • A place that won't lecture you about what you've done wrong (as a lot of salons do)
  • And finally somewhere you can kick back and be yourself while lounging on fun vintage furniture while laughing your face off talking to a stylist with a sense of humour.
This is the place for you!
So to connect things back to me, i now have an amazing cut, a sample of Moroccan hair mask oil, shiny, blonde, soft hair that is dry-end free but still looks just as long as it did when i went in.
<3

No comments: