Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Style - Part I, the Philosophy



Basically my entire life (apparently after I turned 2, I refused to let anyone dress me and or influence my clothing) I've been drawn to clothing that i like, somehow the idea of shopping in outfits never really occurred to me. I love the idea of finding that one crazy unique piece every time I go out shopping, something no one else will have that really sets me off, propelling me into that sparkly world where everything is made of cupcakes and pink glitter (not too different from the one in Katy Perry's 'California Girlz' video).
With clothing like this, it's easy to become another person in an instant (see: Helen from 'Lullaby' by Chuck P. or Sox from 'Elliot Moose'), and to always have the P-E-R-F-E-C-T garment for any themed event and or mood. I love it, that infamous union jack dress from the Spice girls? Got it. Sailor hats in all colours and patterns? Got it. Apocalyptic army jacket? Got it. Lumber jacket? Yep. Over 12 different tu-tus? Of course. Really the only hard part is finding an occasion..
Well that and the fact that as is, I really have too much clothing. It really can become bothersome when only 18% of your wardrobe is well... more on the "common" side of things.
Don't get me wrong though, of course comfort is key, but who could turn down being the most extravagant person in the room?
I sort my leggings and tights into categories of animal print, solid colour, fishnet (by size), rainbow, lace, and stripes, and my scarves according to nautical, stars, and pink.
Of course I have over 100 t-shirts, how ever would I be able to properly express myself if i didn't? And is it so wrong that I can alphabetize my larger necklaces according to what they say?
Undergarments are necessary I say, and the more you have, the less frequently you have to do laundry.

Case and point is I love my clothes, and accessories, but something has to give and this case it might just be me. So, today I will devote myself to cleaning because something must be done about this terrible mess (and yes, I will be sending a tiara to whoever can place that quote, and mark it down in the comments).

So hugs and kisses to all, as I shall be doing much cleaning for now, and potentially updating you as I do with the finds from this chaos.



1 comment:

Scott said...

Thankss for this