Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting Hired at MAC

Hey guys, so I just wanted to share a bit of good news (even though i'm about three weeks late letting you know) I'm officially working for MAC cosmetics!
Now I know there are a lot of people out there curious about the hiring process/ what the trick is to getting hired so I just though I'd give you a little info as far as how this came about.

First Interview: Was pretty basic, it was just a five minute sit down with a manage where she asked me a couple questions
"Tell me about your self" - is there even a perfect way to answer this? I profiled what I've been doing as it applied to the position, aka: all the freelance work I've done, competitions, schooling, etc.
"What do you know/ like about MAC cosmetics?" - here is where they want to know how much you know about the company (obviously), for example; back to mac, the viva glam fund, and even a brief history, as well as how you think you would fit in.
"Sell me your favourite MAC product" - for this it's really up to you, pick something you're familiar with, that you CAN talk about. (I chose my favourite lipstick, 'Chatterbox' and tailored my approach to work in the mission statement "all races, all sexes, all ages" as well talked briefly about other products you can use it with.)
Second Interview: Was my makeup interview. For this each applicant had to bring a model and own makeup brushes (bringing your own brush belt is a nice touch too if you have one, but not by any means necessary). We worked on a rotation cycle, the first look was a neutral sculpted eyeshadow on our own model, then switched to a different girl to do a bold lip, then switched again to show flawless skin, and then finally the last addition to the look was defining the face with blush or contour.

Third Interview: Wasn't so much of an interview as a meeting with my manager to be where I filled out my paperwork, and she gave me a brief introduction to everything, employee manual, got to know eachother, etc.

Things to remember: Be yourself! I had so many people telling me to act certain ways or do certain things, but when it came down to it I was to nervous to fake it and chose to just chill and do me. A little confidence goes a LONG way. One of the first things I heard from my manager was that she liked that I was confident and spoke up (which is something I've never been told, as I'm super shy), seeing that I was confident in myself gave her faith in me. Also, remember it's a retail job, they want to know you know how to sell, if you get hired there will be sales goals to meet (nothing scary!) and it's good to tell them before they ask you.
Let's not forget, MAC is about self expression, so feel free to have a little fun with your makeup, hair and clothing (though all black garments and shoes are required) you can really do what you like and that's an awesome part of the job.


 

1 comment:

Video Teraveloka said...

Taruhan Bandar Sbobet Online sekarang sedang naik daun nih boss. Apalagi beberapa kompetisi sepak bola dunia baru dimulai dan perjalanan masih sangat panjang untuk mencari sang juara. Seperti Liga Champion, Liga Inggris, Liga (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)