Friday, April 8, 2011

Candy Yum Yum

It's weird how the best day ever, can be immediately followed by the worst day ever. Today I was super excited to talk about the newest love of my life, MAC's 'Candy Yum Yum' lipstick, but have JUST realized that amongst all the chaos today, it somehow (tragically) broke free from the applicator and has become stuck to the lid of the tube! Fortunately though, I have just called and found that the second closest MAC to me still has three left, so I had one put on hold (thank JESUS).

Alright, now that we have that out of the way, I really need to tell you about this colour!
Seriously, I've made it my mission to make lipsticks more popular, and thus myself need to have an ample supply! I saw the ad for the newest MAC line 'Quite Cute' about two weeks ago and knew right away it was something I had to check out. Yesterday I stumbled into MAC after class with a couple friends, and was drawn right over to the display, the 'Candy Yum-Yum' lipstick calling my name.
Upon trying out pretty much everything in this line, I have my own personal favourite here for you to check out.

1. 'Candy Yum-Yum' Lipstick - $17.50 + tax CDN
This is possibly the brightest pink lipstick ever (trust me, I TROLL the lipstick counters hard. The only comparable colour I've ever found is by Elizabeth Arden and it was more of a one time find that I haven't seen since) brought to you by our lovely friends at MAC. This new collection is so vibrant and fun, it's no wonder that this colour is pretty much SOLD OUT everywhere, the day after it's arrival. Though you can see it in the picture here, you still haven't truly seen the colour. Honestly, this is one of those "you'll have to go out to MAC and check it out right now to even understand the intensity of this pink" moments. I found especially with this line, they really didn't capture the trueness of the colours on their site.

2. 'Saint Germaine' Lipstick - $17.50 + tax CDN
SO CUTE. I love this colour because it's more of a pastel, with a really nice satin finish that plays with the lighting around, but still diffuses it so your lips don't look like you've drooled all over yourself.  I'd love to do a gradient look with this and 'Candy Yum-Yum' because the two colours do work really nicely together. Think of this as the quieter sister of the prior colour, it looks sweet and soft, but still packs a lot of colour-punch. It's just adorable (and easier to wear!).

3. 'Mischevious Mint' Nail Polish - $16.50 + tax CDN 
Though I usually try and avoid buying MAC polishes, this colour (and quality) really appeal to me. I've been  loving mint green more and more recently, especially when combined with all different hues of pink (strawberry, watermelon, etc). This colour is great, and I really do advise you to go check it out sometime soon (and then walk over to Sephora to buy 'L29 - Teeny Bikini', their version of the same polish for more than half the price!).

4. 'Ice Cream Cake' Nail Polish - $16.50 + tax CDN
Another perfect pink with great coverage.I especially like this with the 'Mischevious Mint' colour, I think a design with them both would be adorable.

1. Candy Yum-Yum 2. Saint Germaine 3. Mischievous Mint 4. IceCream Cake

Overall, i just think this line is really timely and cute. There's nothing worse (for me) than the constant lack of 'special addition' MAC items that are more on the fun side. I love that MAC is a well stocked brand that you can always go to and find something you love at, but it's nice that occasionally they throw some icing on top of that give you something this bright. Browns, greys, and rusts are fine, but every once in a while a girl's gotta have her pink!

1 comment:

Video Teraveloka said...

Taruhan Bandar Sbobet Online sekarang sedang naik daun nih boss. Apalagi beberapa kompetisi sepak bola dunia baru dimulai dan perjalanan masih sangat panjang untuk mencari sang juara. Seperti Liga Champion, Liga Inggris, Liga (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)